Friday 20 November 2009

In which the Author is confused

Allow me to jump right in: it's a bit hypocritical of me to have a blog that pretends at all to be serious. (See the pretentious blog name? Anyone?) My stance on blogging and this Twitter thing tends towards the "never have so many had so much to say about so little to so few", or however that goes, so I'm not quite sure what inspired me to even set one up here.

By the same token, I similarly have no idea what to do with it. I could rant endlessly about how much Republicans or Democrats are idiots, but seeing as I'm really neither, I feel like I'd not only be wasting my time - I'd look like every other idiot out there who thinks they're changing the world with their incessant posts, beneath each of which is a tireless string of comments containing more advertising for questionable services than any sort of intelligent discourse.

In essence, I'd like to be educational in some way that doesn't involve me having to be "relevant", "edgy", or "buzzword", although I hardly expect to change the world in any way by occupying one tiny fragment of the Internet. There's not really even the "oh, wow, I can be anonymous and be politically incorrect" benefit, since I'm rarely "P.C." anyways.

Ah well. Perhaps I'll post comics; perhaps I'll post reviews of things (books, music, art, movies, whatever); I might bring myself to complain a little bit about politics or the economy; perhaps I'll do some weird combination of all of the above. I suppose I'll find out, when I stop being at a loss as to why I even bothered in the first place.

So welcome to Paper Artillery, and eventually I'll get around to artillerating things. Verbally. Written-ly. Internet-ly.

Stupid internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment